Change product code on Nokia 5800 / Debrand Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic
I’m pleased to be able to offer instructions to change the product code on your Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic. This is also known as how to debrand the Nokia 5800.
This will invalidate your warranty, so follow only AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I’ve tested this on my own Nokia 5800 (UK Red model) from the Carphone Warehouse, and it works, so now I can get the latest updates, free from Nokia’s regrettable bastardisation of my original product code.
1. Download JAF 1.98.62.exe
2. 2. Download JAF PKEY Emulator v5.0
3. Install JAF 1.98.62
4. Extract JAF PKEY Emulator v5.0 to desktop
5. Connect Nokia 5800 and select PC Suite mode on your Nokia 5800. ENSURE PC SUITE IS CLOSED ON HOST COMPUTER
6. Now run JAF PKEY v5.0.exe (on desktop) and click on the GO button. It will come up with error: box driver not installed –> so click ok and now JAF v1.98 will run.
7. Select BB5 tab –> tick Prod. Manager –> then click the service button –> click the Read Values button.
8. Now you can enter yourproduct code and press the Write Values button. I used the generic UK product code 0552438 - this allows me to get update 20.0.012 from 11.0.009. For a list of possible product codes visit this site
PS :for all windows vista users follow these steps to get JAF tool to work
first use jaf key emulator v4 from here
- right hand click jaf 1.98 and “run as administrator” and do the installation
- then right hand click jaf pkey emualtor v4.0 and run as administrator.
note -Vista 64-Bit is not supported
Check out the Birmingham Jazz Band
Check out the Midlands Jazz Band
Check out the Leicestershire Jazz Band
Check out the Lincolnshire Jazz Band
Check out the Sheffield Jazz Band
Check out the Derbyshire Jazz Band
Check out the Leeds Jazz Band
Check out the Staffordshire Jazz Band